UI Learning & Development
- Assists new hires by hosting a monthly New Hire Orientation.
- Offers monthly training courses for personal and professional development. Enrollment in the non-fee UI trainings is done through 'My Training' in Self-Service.
- E-learning - Provides access to online classes and Books 24X7
Auditing - a University of Iowa Class
All faculty and staff are eligible to audit (i.e., register for zero semester hours) one University of Iowa course per semester without being assessed tuition and mandatory fees for that course, subject to the following:
- The applicant is auditing the course to enhance professional development in his or her current position.
- The applicant must receive permission to audit the course from the instructor.
- The applicant must receive permission from his or her departmental executive officer.
Career Development Assistance through University HR features
- Applying for positions
- Job Family Progressions
- Featured Career Paths
- Hot Resume Tips
- Powerful Phone Interviews